New life to Your Tooth
Root canal treatment is done to save the tooth. whenever the tooth is infected and that infection reaches the living tissue i.e nerve or blood supply of the tooth/teeth, it is always recommended to go for root canal treatment. The infection can spread through the root to underlying bone and lead to abscess/pus formation.
Root canal at Dentafix Panchkula (Dental clinic in Panchkula) Dentafix Chandigarh (Dental clinic in Chandigarh) is done by the skilled doctor and sometime require 2 or more sittings. In certain cases Root canal treatment is done in single sitting only as per situation of the tooth and infection.
- The infected pulp is removed at the first appointment.
- Any possible abscesses are to be drained at this time.
- The root canal is then cleaned and shaped for the filling.
- A temporary filling is inserted.
- The tooth is left to settle.
- The tooth is checked at a later visit.
- When all infection has cleared the tooth is permanently filled/or crowned.
Why have Root Canal Treatment?
If Root Canal Treatment is not done, the infection will spread and the tooth will need to be removed. Some patients might prefer an extraction. However, we suggest to keep as many natural teeth as possible.